Personal data processing criteria
We would like to inform you that according to the legislative decree no. 196 of June 30th 2003 (Italian Personal data protection code), the personal data you have provided to Mares S.p.A. will be processed in compliance with the individual’s fundamental rights and dignity, with particular reference to privacy, personal identity and the right to personal data protection.
For all users of the site:
Personal information about users of the site can be used to collect anonymous statistical information on usage of the site, to monitor the proper operations of the site, and to verify responsibilities if necessary in the event of crimes committed that harm the site, the owner, or third parties.
With reference to users that register with the site
In addition to the purposes described above, information about users who register with the site will be processed in order to:
a) To inform the customer about new services and products. Such information will be sent to the customers by Mares directly;
b) To customize advertisements according to the customers’ preferences, should they have any;
c) To facilitate and optimize other services by providing third-party suppliers with the customer’s personal data
d) For marketing purposes and to send advertising material;
2. The data treatment holder is Mares S.p.A., head office in Salita Bonsen, 4 – 16035 Rapallo – Italy. Provision of data is optional; treatment of data is also optional and will be carried out only to fulfil 1 a), b), c) and d).
Personal information is processed by automated means, for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected.
Processing of personal information related to WEB services of this site is handled only by personnel delegated to processing by the Controller or the Processor or by external staff for occasional system maintenance operations delegated by the Controller.
Clearly, users are free to decide whether or not to provide their information by entering it in the registration forms. The decision not to provide information or to deny consent to processing of said information may make it impossible to complete your registration, and therefore impossible to use the service requested.
The personal information of “registered” users may be communicated to third parties who provide the goods/services available on the site as well as those who perform data analysis for statistical purposes, to partners and affiliates, and in any event within the limits of the purposes of the processing described above. This communication may be made both to parties inside Italy and those located abroad in countries belonging to the European Union or outside it. The information may also be communicated to third parties delegated for site maintenance by the Data controller, under the latter’s control.
The Data controller is Mares S.p.A., in the person of its legal representative. The complete list of Processors is available upon written request to Mares S.p.A., Salita Bonsen 4, 16035 Rapallo.
3. Customers may contact the holder or one of its representatives to assert their rights in accordance with art. 7 of the above-mentioned code in order to obtain, with no extra charge or delay, information about the origin and treatment of their personal data – the way they have been treated, updated, modified and completed.
4. Mares will use all the necessary and available measures to avoid both unlawful and inappropriate use of the gathered data as well as its unsolicited modification. Access to the information provided is allowed to authorized personnel only. Mares’ employees who have access to our database are bound to stick to very strict rules. Mares adopts adequate control and protection measures to avoid any infringement of the regulations cited above.
Section 7 D. Lgs. n. 196/2003
(Right to Access Personal Data and Other Rights)
1. A data subject shall have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
2. A data subject shall have the right to be informed
a) of the source of the personal data;
b) of the purposes and methods of the processing;
c) of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means;
d) of the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the representative designated as per Section 5;
e) of the entities or categories of entity to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representative(s) in the State’s territory, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
3. A data subject shall have the right to obtain
a) updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data;
b) erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed;
c) certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
4. A data subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part,
a) on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection;
b) to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.