If you have been following Mares’ recent activity, you will have most likely seen our effort to convert the Sea Vu Dry + snorkeling mask into a mask for use with CPAP ventilators.
None of this would have been possible without the innovation, drive and dedication of the team who came together of their own initiative, aiming to make a positive contribution to assisting during the Covid-19 emergency, using the tools each had at their disposal. We are really glad to hear the positive feedback from doctors currently using the converted Sea Vu Dry + model to treat patients. At the time of writing this, around 900 masks have been delivered to hospitals across Italy.
Our Chief Technology Officer, Sergio Angelini, has already given his thanks to all involved, but we would also like to send out a big ‘THANK YOU’ on behalf of Mares.
None of this would have been possible without the hard work and collaboration of the following…
- Isinnova for inspiring us with the initial idea.
- Sergio Angelini and Valerio Palmeri of the Research and Development team at Mares for taking this idea further and making it work with the knowledge and equipment we had.
- Michele Sambo and Marco Martelli from Nuovamacut for putting us in touch with a network of contacts who were willing to help, offering their 3D printing services for free, and coordinating said effort:
MIRA MECCANICA – Imola (BO) – Max Malavolti
PROTOFLASH – Aversa (CE) – Manlio Mascolo
PARIANI – Samarate (VA) – Simone Pariani
FPZ SPA – Concorezzo (MB) – Andrea Lazari
PIUSI – Suzzara (MN) – Michele Pellizzari
CAMPETELLA – Macerata (MC) – Elia Campetella
EVEREX – Sesto Fiorentino (FI) – Lorenzo Balli
JUNO Design, by Studio Pedrini – Bologna (BO) – Gian Luca Monti
SB3 – Lecco (LC) – Massimiliano Bonfanti
INNOVAMEC – Faenza (RA) – Gabriele Valenti
FERRARI – Maranello (MO) – Giovanni Bulgarelli
MATERIA – Rapallo (GE) – Riccardo Suriano
- Bartolini couriers for getting everything shipped to and from us with incredible efficiency, and Andrea Oneto of the Mares team for organising all transport logistics.
- Mirco Costa and Daniele Lorenzini, HR manager, for obtaining our special permit to operate, and Gerald and Stefan for their trust in the project.
- The Mares staff who dedicated their time to converting the masks and getting them out into the world: Enrico Oneto (also for developing the mask’s new headstrap solution), Gabriele Canella, Giampiero “Poppi” Gastaldi, Oscar Bernardi, Luca Limongi, Marco Lazzari and Mirco Costa.
A huge ‘THANK YOU’ to all. Nothing would have been possible without the teamwork of everyone involved, and we are proud to see everyone on board together during this difficult time.
We hope to see everyone out in the water soon, doing what we love and diving once again, but in the meantime we wish everyone the best - take care and stay safe.
The Mares Team