Why should you get in to freediving? Here are 5 great reasons to try out this wonderful discipline!
1. Freediving is a sport in all senses of the word. It helps you get in shape and maintain a good physical condition.
2. Freediving is not only a physical exercise, but also a mental one, which helps you to relax and gain greater control of your
3. The basis of freediving is correct breathing. With the right mental approach and breathing technique you can reach levels of performance never before imagined. Holding your breath for 3 minutes or going down to 20 meters are not superhuman abilities, but are within reach of all people who are of average fitness and have good skills in the water. Knowing how to breathe correctly is very important in everyday life, not just in freediving.
4. Freediving means exploring depths of 15 meters or more in absolute safety, without strain and in complete freedom, without the
weight of air tanks, jackets etc. and just the air in your lungs, a pair of fins, a mask and a wetsuit…
5. For those who are already scuba divers, being a freediver is important. It improves your ability and comfort in the water as well as your breathing and therefore air consumption.
So try out freediving, a different way to experience the sea, but WITHOUT rushing. To become a skilled freediver you need to carry out courses with capable, expert instructors, but you also need to dedicate time to training and improving technique day by day.
I look forward to seeing you!